1.10.04

soundtrack | Depeche Mode: Enjoy the silence

A few hours ago I came back from the exhibition opening of some local women artists (in the Museum of Central Finland) and started packing. I'm leaving to Iitti (don't ask) tomorrow. It's actually a very small and beautiful village in Southern Finland (never been there but I trust brochures...) and I'll travel by bus. By bus! I've always preferred train but hey - five or six hour by train and about three hours by bus. Nostalgic. I have to pack my gameboy with me. And sleeping bag - I'll be sleeping in the gallery (floor).


I actually visited the website of Iitti to get some information. There was something about the place being on the border of Tawast and Carelia and the dialect is influenced by both of them. They also warned that there are some really old words which aren't used anywhere else in Finland anymore. And that some old people might add a letter 'h' after each word. I'm getting a bit worried - will I understand the language there... It's almost like travelling abroad. :)


And yes. In the exhibition opening I was telling really happily about my great adventure to this strange southern place and what says Jukka? He's going to travel to US, Nebraska tomorrow. But still, I bet Iitti is much more exotic expirience.


--

This morning started with a panic reaction. I had totally forgotten the exhibition exchange in Webgalleria Henkevä Silakka / Spirited Herring. Luckily V020 sent me his 'on/off' art thing and I installed it and my own drawing about Wannabe-Lara into the exhibition. Later when I met Anssi (business lunch again - of course) we talked a little about renowing the gallery. I'm planning to make a face-lift to the gallery maybe in the beginning of the next year but also I'd like to see some development happening...


I still have to update Alvar Aalto Foundation. I can do the rest of the job when I'll return from Iitti.