17.8.05

s-track | Supergrass - St. Petersburg


Irritating backgrounds II.


Right. I have spent last weekend in Iitti in SE-Finland in International Colour Festival. I was lecturing in colour seminar on Friday and was quite nervous before (as being last on the list) but it went quite well. The time table was so busy that I had to shorten a little but it was ok. The following two days the Colour festival took place in the field next to the church of Iitti. It was raining quite heavily at time to time - that was a pity. The grounds were quite beautiful but what happens if you have a field + rain. Some mud. It's a bit shame that I left so fast. I didn't get time to say proper good byes to anyone - I just sort of vanished from the grounds.


Yesterday we drove to Helsinki to show Timppa's paintings to one gallerist. The gallery is situated in very good spot but anyway - money would solve a lot of problems. Timppa will have his first exhibition in Helsinki propably in next spring - more about that when it will be the time.


Tomorrow I'll have a meeting in Craft Museum about our colour exhibition. I should've had a meeting today with Ulla but I cancelled it because I haven't got anything finished. I'm so lame. Spineless.


I've tried to make all those little updates that my email ate while I was away. Everytime I leave the c:ter for a small time there are dozens of sweet little messages waiting for me. I'm not complaining about work. But I just hope I could have some kind of systemized mind to organize all the stuff. I wish to get my table cleaned even for once.


Small updates: Gallery Becker, Aino-K. Pajari, Alvar Aalto Foundation and The Craft Museum of Finland. And more to come.