6.11.04

soundtrack | Bitch Alert: Psycho Drama Queen


Really.

Noboby will believe me anymore. I'm running late with all the projects because of these /&%&¤##¤%¤¤#¤%#¤ machines who won't respect me in any way. On Wednesday, I had just saved the draft of the entry below and was about to start updating sites when my monitor, my sweet sweer Silver, passed away. Died, so to speak. There was only a bright flash of spectrum and then - the darkness.

Of course this was at the evening when all the stores were already closed. I had no chance but to watch television all evening. Which would have been relaxing if there wouldn't been there deadline images in my mind. And too tight schedule stranglering me.

I bought a new monitor right in the morning. I really hadn't time to think because my day was scheduled from noon to midnight and I just had to get the screen right away. I just made the fast decision to be traditional: I bought an good old fashioned monitor, not TFT one. Which actually bugged me for a while. This is *a big* black 19" ViewSonic. I adjusted the monitor for about two hours and still I wasn't very happy. My Silver was a flat Sony Trinitron - the image was really sharp and the lines were straight. Well, this new one is not flat. Now I'm getting used to it. Actually, the adjusting is really easy and big resolutions work well - big prints are now much easier to handle.


But I can't help it. I still miss the good old Silver.


*Oh my god. I've given name for my screen....*

Okay... I'm starting to worry me...


Anyway, after we had brought the new monitor home, I ate a small piece of tuna pizza and rushed to Craft Museum. Ulla and I presentated our exhibition idea for the management of the museum - and voilá. We'll meet again next week and start making a budget for the exhibition. More about that one later when it'll be more accurate.

After the meeting I headed for JAO where I teached to about 7.30pm. I have to say: I'm loosing my touch as a teacher. Or propably I just was so tired because of my rebel c:ter relatives and all the adjusting... When I came back I made some small updates but the big projects are still still... Soon Stilton if my luck keeps going on like it has.

Today I had a meeting at The Arts Council of Central Finland and we discussed about the future of their web pages and of my online gallery project (coffee + cookies). Then I went to see Luova foorumi (Creative Forum) people (coffee+cookies). When I was returning home I met Rune and we went to hide from the rain to a small eco cafe (coffee+cookies). Easy living.

Well, the positive point of this is that now I can watch FarScape in bigger screen - looks good.