7.4.05

soundtrack | Radiohead: Subterranean Homesick Alien

Back on duty.

Last weekend was quite hectic. I had to finish Värillä-zine before last weekend but it was Saturday I finally got it finished. Basicly it isn't so hard to make but Mr. Murphy had his almost final words in many small things and the project took a LOT of time.


On Friday I had a meeting with Kirsi Neuvonen who's website is under heavy renewal. Last week I made a new front page but the site is going to be changed during this spring. Then I met Riiminka's two owners. We had set the meetings originally at the beginning of March but with me being sick it finally was about a mont later. So, the Riiminka's web page reneval was the next job. All products etc. were to be replaced. I started on Saturday, continued through Sunday until 5 o'clock Monday morning. At that time I had managed to put product information for babies, girls and boys clothing online but others (adults + accessories) didn't make it yet... I promised to get rest of the stuff online at the end of this week. Same thing with other stuff I was going to update last weekend...

On Monday I updated Alvar Aalto Foundation and The Craft Museum of Finland + a couple of small fixes here and there before I left to Helsinki. The rest of the Monday was off-time for me - and I totally needed it. On Tuesday I held a 9-5 lecture about Colours in UIAH / Continuing Education and Development centre. I actually was amazed that I wasn't tired at all (after surviving weekend at total sleep amount of 10 hours and then reading sophisticated literature (...eh, refreshing musical memoirs of Mötley Crüe...) still after midnight at the night before) and I had fun. I think the students had too. At least not a one of them started to cry which is always a good sign.


Yesterday I had a meeting in Sibelius Academy. I'm a bit ashamed about my slow working mode with that. I can't understand why the small things like icons have been so hard for me to make. But the meeting was good+energetic and I actually gained some faith on myself. I just started this morning by making a clearifying list of all the things to make with that project. The list is long but it's not so terrifying as I thought it would be.


After getting the return ticket I sort of collapsed mentally+physically. There were no free benches to sit on in Helsinki Railway Station, the weight of my bag was killing me and my back was hurting after getting some cold seawind. So, after half an hour waiting when I finally got to train and to my seat, I swicthed on zombie mood. I had some mags (Image + Metal Hammer) with me but I actually just sat and stared voidly straight ahead of me the whole trip. The usual trains sessions that is.
After a good night sleep some kind of mental cleaness is now achieved... Some though patterns are still missing but I'm getting there.