28.3.05

soundtrack | Pulp: Feeling Called Love

It's very relieving to know that there are some non-variables in this world: coffee tastes good even if it didn't taste good. ...You know what I mean. Right now I'm helding my Nightmare-Before-X-mas-Jack-mug on the other hand (christmas present from my brother, which I received after a long and complicated journey just about one week ago - the mug's journey, not mine) and write with another. Not very comfortable. But there is no space in my work desk for my mug and the floor is filled with papers, cds and all...


I had a few holidays during Easter. On Friday I visited my parents and practically sleeping through the whole day. On Saturday evening (after a good day's work) I went to visit my parents again and left yesterday. Two whole days without doing anything work-related. Odd!


Reality check today: many smaller updates and some bigger ones. Alvar Aalto Society, Alvar Aalto Foundation, The Craft Museum of Finland and Kirsi Neuvonen's website.


Kirsi has made an introduction to her present exhibition in Becker (only in Finnish) and when I coded the page I had this strange flashback. I've always considered the moment I first called Kirsi about her web pages as a turning point of my professional career: it was after that call I decided to concentrate on making sites for cultural projects, artists, artisans and such trying to stay away from big firms and projects that don't give me anything. There was one text in Kirsi's text that brought that moment back to me very powerfully. Somehow it also gave me some extra power for other work projects - I've actually managed to stay away from strongly commercial projects.


So that's about it. Värillä colour-zine for Värjärikilta is still unfinished (deadline last week), some small icons for Sibelius Academy project made but still offline, Papiina updates are still unfinished... Jani will come tomorrow so the situation will be propably the same tomorrow... Still no rest for the wicked.