6.12.04

soundtrack | Velvet Revolver: Slither

Time? Where does it go? I guess it has something to do with the fact that I've been sleeping a lot. I didn't sleep a lot when I had my three day teaching session on the beginning of last week: after I came back from teaching I worked home until about 3 or 4 o'clock each morning and then woke up at about half past eight each morning. Then on Thursday I could sleep a bit longer but I had a meeting at noon so eventually... First I met with Ulla to discuss about our colour exhibition in The Craft Museum of Finland and after that I had a meeting with Hannele Ollakka who is an internationally awarded textile artist. Then I visited many places and brought some christmas calendar type candy things to my business acquaintances + friends. Every year I cut some kind of cardboard christmas character/elf-heads but this year I was so bored with them that I started cutting two horned little christmas devils... But they ended up being quite cute anyway. Devilish christmas, that is.


The same Thursday I came home and was sooooo tired I almost bursted to cry. I started making some layouts for Alvar Aalto but as the layout they want is so unconventional, I had a lot of problems with realizing it and I had to ask for help. Then I went to sleep for a couple of hours, started working with that one again at midnight and continued until about five o'clock at morning (just to hear next day that nobody had read their email on the morning before the meeting at afternoon...) The next day I woke up at three, took a shower, dressed up, left to get a Angel season 3 dvd pack, came back, spend some time in phone and then it was already six and Matti Reivi's exhibition opening in Gallery Becker. After the exhibition opening we walked to his home to afterparty (and ate good Russian food) and we returned some time after midnight in the freezing weather - but it was nice.


On Saturday we first visited my parents (resting, eating) and then I went to Anna's christmas party/ coming home party. I really was so tired that first I wasn't going to go but considering that Anna has just returned to Finland after being first three months in NY working in UN headquarters and then three months in Washington working in Finnish Embassy - and after christmas she'll leave to Amsterdam for about three weeks... When else could I have a change to meet her? At the party there was also Niina whom I haven't seen for ages - so it really was fun and I totally forgot how tired I was. But at about 11 when everyone else were leaving to downtown I headed home - to get some sleep.


And some sleep I got. Yesterday I woke up at about three and today at about one.
So, I've actually spend a couple of holidays here. Which is always good to mention in my working blog... (Actually, I've made small updates everyday but nothing big. I'm unable to plug off.)

What else?


Webgallery Spirited Herring project is now officially accepted as the Arts Council project. I'll meet Tiina on Tuesday to discuss about all the necessary paperwork.


And there has been some things evolving arounf my 'art' things. I'll write more about then when/if it'll be more accurate but this one I can tell: I spoke with one American on phone last Friday (this phone call I mentioned before) and I actually talked him about a bit bat. I hope the line actually was so *baD* he didn't hear me well enough...


Yesterday I tried to catch up with Spyro (talking about PS2 here) which I didn't finish because of The Racthet & Clank 3. And which I now propably won't finish because it's TOO DIFFICULT. R&C problems were easy compared to this one and it's said everywhere that Spyro is practically a children's game.


I've ashamed me enough now. Time to have a small break. Ashaming will continue later.