16.12.04

soundtrack | Metallica: The Unforgiven

Mad week. It's already Thursday? What? My strange sleeping habits have propably made some holes in the time-space continuum. Mentally I'm still living Tuesday, the day straight from hell... Wednesday was a bit better. The most nicest surprise of this week came yesterday with mail: paycheck. I had totally sort of forgotten that I'll get paid for teaching.


I've done a lot of work with new Alvar Aalto F layout. Layout idea is not exactly mine (the visual realization is) - but it's a bit hard to adjust to another way of thinking; even though the concept of the site is not mine and it's already thought of, I had to make my own proposition too, just to make things clear in my head. But too many cooks... Maybe it's the best if I stay out of the way and just do what I'm asked to: layout, graphics and coding. The main problem with this project has been *time* - I've actually managed to do three weeks work in one week... and about four times. The latest deadline was for Wednesday and of course I had this brain blowing head ache on Tuesday - I was hardly able to move. So I slept through that day and tried to get rid of the pain - but in vain. I just had to start make the layouts at midnight - and got finished at sevenish in the morning.


Needless to say that I missed the small christmas gingerbread-coffee-moment in Craft Museum where I was invited to... And also missed exhibition opening in Gallery Harmonia. The rest of the day I just wondered in home like Ozzy O. But actually I got few smaller things out of the way: writing reviews for my students and contract outlines for The Online Gallery Henkevä Silakka / Spirited Herring project.


Yesterday I got the new concepts for Sibelius Academy project. That should be the main theme of today if everything goes well. Other things I have to finish before the following week ends: two artist pages and layouts for one artist and Colour Foundation page... And then there is this national costume project and two language versions of the Craft Museum pages awaiting... Well, work really doesn't end by doing it.


First I take a little Xmas shopping moment...