9.3.06

PJ Harvey - This Is Love


Varpu and Kimmo at their home. [Image has been photoshopped a bit.]

Back from Helsinki. Depeche Mode gig was great. We stood right in front of the stage ramp and when the gig started I lost it completely. Even though I didn't remember all the words, I just sang along fine. Except when Gahan came to stand at the edge of the ramp (like 2 meters from us) and looked straight to audience near him, listening (and watching) us singing. Pressure. There were a few moments like that when I didn't remember the words at all but I just had to play along and open my mouth and hope it would look real. Hopefully he didn't notice one member of the audience faking (¬_¬ ...like it really mattered...). But the ending of the show with Dave Gahan and Martin Gore standing at the end of the ramp holding each other was absolutely gorgeous.
One complain though: confetti was missing. Big gigs should always end with tons of confetti raining down. Grrrr.

--

Anyway, it was awsome time in Helsinki anyway meeting friends I haven't seen for a while. Jani I had seen last November (...LiveHerring), my brother Kimmo last xmas but Evis about four years ago!

It would've been nice to stay longer but it was nice to return home too. I was so totally physically damaged after three hours of standing and hardcore jumping in Monday that it still feels a bit so shopping around Helsinki wasn't very enjoyable anymore...

And about my work: haven't done any today. Maybe tomorrow.