21.5.06

Keane - Is It Any Wonder?


I have a new c:ter. I gave Timppa the old one - he can now make some work thingies at his studio. Although he doesn't have any monitor yet... I didn't buy only this machine but also some software: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Flash. I can't really use any of them. Some designing schoolish days ahead. Well, if the summer is like the weather today it's not hard to convince myself to stay inside. Freeeeezing here.

The Väristyksiä exhibition opening was last Wednesday on The Craft Museum of Finland and lots of people. We had so delicate exhibition opening food... popcorn. Both salted and sugary (red, yellow, brown and green...) Maybe not exactly what some people came to expect. But the exhibition itself is meant to be funny and different from the usual ones.

I didn't feel myself tired at all while making the exhibition but the very next day I woke up at about six at evening just to eat something, then headed back to sleep until the Eurovision song contest semifinal, and then back to sleep. It wasn't even hard to sleep the next night even though I had slept through the whole day. But the next day I was already feeling soooo much better and I got my energy levels somewhat back. There was an interview for Keskisuomalainen newspaper (there was a story of the exhibition already in Thursday on that same newspaper) and we (Ulla, Tiina and I) posed for a few photos too.

And then I got my new c:ter home. So small and sweet it is, with a blue light shining at the front panel. And silent. I can't sleep at night because I'm so used to the steady sound of the machine. Feels like I'm put offline of the world. But I'll get used to it...

Yesterday the holidays continued. I made a few adjustments. Anssi came to help me with VPN thingie and we made it work. I found all my old settings and configurations for Photoshop and Dreamweaver. And the rest of the evening: Eurovision Song Contest! After 30 years of viewing only a few points at Finnish Eurovision chart it was finally nice to be on lead! Lordi won! It still feels sort of unreal.

Updates (so far, more to come): Riiminka, The Craft Museum of Finland and The Arts Council of Central Finland.