30.5.06

Automatic - Monster


Absolutely odd feeling. My inbox is empty. Of course there are a few dozens of small updates and bigger changes on my work list written in all kinds of notes etc. but still: I don't remember when I got my inbox emptied last time (if you don't count the time a few months ago when my whole account emptied). Some comfort in this work'a'landia.

Well, actually there are few a bit bigger projects going on. Kirsi changes all her print prices - there's some job for a couple of days. Papiina will update their pages in Swedish and in German during June. The Arts Council of Central Finland site is under renovation but will change at the same time as their artist introduction in English will open. Soon that is. Right now I'm renowating Luova toimiala site because the old one is total mess (viva la wysiwyg Front Page)... But some projects have been easier than I thought. Actually the Craft museum cyrillic site wasn't so bad after all. Only a few pages. Demo is now made.

I've had some problems with RealPlayer - again. The last machine sometimes freezed totally when I tried to listen BBC6 and now it started with this machine too. Actually, now I have so much memory & stuff that it doesn't really matter but the idea of the program not working properly eats me alive. So I changed to Win Media player. SOOO much better quality of sound but not really easy to use. If I stop the damn player and try again, it requires a PASSWORD as the connection changes or something. I can't get the clip working properly but I have to start by going to BBC6 site, then choosing the Win MP option, then from the following page the standalone option... And with RP I can open the BBC site on RP browser but I haven't yet figured out how to open any sites (other that Windows Media things) on the browser (or is it even a browser?) And I still have to find out if there's a chance to rewind these streaming sessions... Blah.

Lots of small updates: Alvar Aalto Foundation, Kirsi Neuvonen's website, European Cultural Foundation / Finland, Riiminka, The Craft Museum of Finland, Värjärikilta and Gallery Becker.