10.10.05

s-track | The Cure - Forever (BBC session)


Riiminka (renewed September 26, 2005).


I'm starting to act like a typical career orientated middle aged woman: last night I woke up to a feeling that something important is left undone. Never before... Then I stayed up awake for ages thinking about how I could have done Live Herring organizing so much better. So, no wonder I'm starting to be worried about myself a bit. I'm a person who can be hectic slash stressed combo during the work day but when it's over I usually manage to forget all about it. I really don't want to live a life where these stupid unfinished projects come to haunt me. Grrrr.


Anyway: last week was sort of hellish because all the project that just managed to reach my email at the same time. The most important with the most fastest deadline was Teija's Playce.org, an international association of architecture education. I added some member articles and projects to the site as well as Soundings for Architecture 4 & 5 reports with images. The project took more time than I had thought: I got the images in separate cd and text to pick from pdf-files which I though to be a easy bitsy work. But *ha*. Images were in CMYK and somehow my Photoshop didn't manage the colours very well and converting to RGB didn't go as well as I had planned. Getting the texts from pdf file wasn't easy because of several layers - I had to check through the whole texts to see if there are double texts (and there were) and to write some things by myself. It was a long fight and I actually missed the deadline - but I managed to finish the pages at about 3am at Saturday night.


My sleeping/awaking rhythm has been messed - again. I've woken up at noon or later and got to bed at 3 or 4 at the morning. Tired as hell. Today I had my alarm clock ringing at 9 but I woke up 10 - so I'm getting to life among normal daytime people again.



+ Yesterday I made usual updates Alvar Aalto Foundation + The Craft Museum of Finland and added some images to Värjärikilta dyers' association home page.



And no, the marionette is not yet finished (thanks for asking - PLEASE don't ask again). I'll keep you posted about that. Will be a long time project I guess.