19.3.09

Malmilta maailmalle - net exhibition for Alvar Aalto Museum


"From Malmi (airport) to the world" is a net exhibition commissioned by Alvar Aalto Museum. It exhibits f.ex. the designwork that Aalto's architecture bureau made for Aero Oy. The exhibition also shows the numerous trips Aalto made and how those trips influenced his architecture design.

For me, making this net exhibition was a great deal of fun: I got to view the old, vintage tickets, cards and Aalto's personal calendar notes. The schedule was quite tight and it was clear that I was not able to make any kind of flashy multimedia show, but - and as I understood the museum as commissioner wanted - I ended up making a clear three part site; one part presenting the housing area Aerola, one the interior design of the airport and one of Aalto's travels. I kept those three parts separate and created very simple pages for them.

Net exhibition, only in Finnish: www.alvaraalto.fi/net/malmilta_maailmalle