4.2.05

soundtrack | Ian Brown: Time Is My Everything

Yesterday sucked. My masterplan for the day was to go to have some coffee with Sari and Seija but I had to cancel. That won't happen too often. Because of a headache I slept through yesterday and got out of bed at about seven pm - to eat. Then I panic-updated National Dresses -project until about half past three in the morning. The project will be introduced today at Helsinki... It's not even nearly finished yet.

My head isn't aching anymore but I'm wondering around the flat like a zombie: no thoughts. There was a momentarily activity peak in the morning though, when I heard that Marilyn Manson will perform in Provinssi-rock in June. I called through all the hotels in Seinäjoki and mission impossible turned out to be possible: we got a room! A smoker's room above a noisy restaurant costing zillion euros - but who cares?

On Tuesday I visited first Centre for Cultural Affairs of Jyväskylä + Nordic Glory Association where we talked about organizing a Spirited Herring net art happening next autumn. Then I visited The Arts Council of Central Finland whose project Spirited Herring now is. And then there was a Jyväskylä Artists' Association meeting in Gallery Becker. Next day I had a meeting in Alvar Aalto Museum about their soon to be online net book store. Otherwise I've been home being radiated by my monitor.


Work projects are all in almost static mode. I've been working with them all the time but it's like nothing crucial is happening. The changes are so small. But I try... But then there are these small projects (that propably won't pay anything), like Teija's Daidalos to which I made a small front page (more to come soon) and Playce. One of these projects is also the Blog project of the Jyväskylä Artists' Association - I coded the basic layout for bloggers and how toed them. Of course, all those blogs are written in Finnish...


Now I'm working with Sibelius Academy -project. I've started to be a bit unsure with myself. Sometimes I feel like I'm totally lost with that one and I'm not good enough graphic designer to that project. But a girl's got to do what the girl's got to do...